Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
I Embrace Baby Steps And Allow My Heart To Be Filled With Love
Dear Fearless Journaler
As you journal more and more each day and allow your heart to be filled with the honesty of your journal entries, you will obtain new revelations of yourself that will excite you and stimulate you.
One of the biggest rewards I harvested from the simple act of journaling every day is the happiness that I feel from my journaling sessions.
I don’t commit myself to hardcore journaling sessions each day, which requires me to labor like a writer at my desk.
Instead, I bring my journal to my favorite cafe, and I jot down my thoughts in it over my favorite cup of tea. As I sip my tea, I would write. And as I finish up my cup of wonderful beverage, I would have cleared my head of my thoughts and feelings for the day. I feel cleansed by the mere act of journaling in this way and I find the courage to face my day.
As I grow and glow with more positivity each day, which I derive from my small journaling sessions, I feel my footsteps getting lighter and my heart growing bigger with love for the things around me.
I start to view nature differently and am thankful for my sight and being able to see the beautiful trees, leaves and small creatures like snails around me.
I would probably have barfed at such life revelations in the past when I was younger and had no inclination to improve my life past my career and to have fun with my friends.
But I am older now, and I am more mature in my thinking. And as I let my age gently catch up with me and embrace my aging with quiet dignity, I start moving a bit more slowly in my life to allow the happenings of the world to come up to me and say hello.
With this slowing down of my hurried footsteps and taking a bit of time to clear my head and enjoy life more each day, I find that my breathing is calmer and I am more tolerant of things I would have dismissed in the past with my quick impatient judgments.
This slow-burning act of doing something small every day which gives me joy gradually becomes my habit and way of life.
I can’t imagine going back to my old days of rushing through life’s traffic in a blur.
Join Me Now In My Journaling Affirmations For This Week:
- I will value life and the things around me, however simple or small they are. I look forward to my small accomplishments each day because they make me happy and face my day with courage.
- I am grateful for my little blessings, and I thank the Universe for the smallest things, even if it seems silly at first to be filled with love for such small things like the snail, which I crossed paths with on my way to work.
- I will cherish and add up all the small good things in my life because I know that this can potentially avalanche into a big surprise of giant goodness that fills my heart and life with joy. Often, the littlest things in life carry the biggest value, which I cannot deny or dismiss with a quick slap of my hand.
- I will not think that my day is a failure just because I have suffered a loss at work or in school. I will take my loss in my stride and ask myself what I can learn from my experience.
- I will reach my goals and fulfill my ambitions in small steps by doing something each day to get nearer to them. I will build my success in baby steps, which are attainable daily. For example, if I want to become a writer, I will write the word limit that I have set for myself each day. If I write 1000 words a day, I would have 30,000 words in a month.
Let’s Take A Quiet Moment To Self-Reflect In Our Journal This Week:
- What achievements do I want to go after in the new year ahead, which will fill my heart with joy and love?
- What are the baby steps I can take each day to attain my goals for the year ahead?
- What are the biggest hurdles in fulfilling my baby steps each day, and how do I clear these hurdles?
Live Journaling Experiments This Week
In the live journaling sessions for this week, I will be journaling to the above affirmations and journaling prompts, and sharing with you all my journal entries online.
I will set a time limit for myself of around 15 minutes for each daily journaling session to show you that you don’t need to journal for an extended period each day.
The reason why I have chosen 15 minutes is that I genuinely enjoy journaling and writing. And I wouldn’t even mind journaling for longer daily. But I also want to show those of you who fear writing and get stressed by the word count in your journal that you merely need 15 minutes a day to feel the effects of joyous journaling.
What You Can Expect From Future Journaling Sessions
As these live journaling sessions are a work in progress, you can expect the following journaling experiments from me:
- I will experiment with shorter or longer journaling sessions, and try to find an optimized journaling duration sweet spot for you.
- I will try journaling in a different medium, such as digital journaling by keeping a blog on this website, journaling in physical journals, notebooks and planners, art journaling, doodle journaling, sticker journaling, scrapbook journaling, podcast journaling, video journaling and the list goes on. You have to get creative and enjoy getting your hands “dirty” to enjoy the fun of journaling.
- I will attempt to write in different writing styles in my journal and find a style that I like and am most comfortable with.
- I will try journaling at different times of the day, different places, and in different states of mind (sleepy, alert, etc.).
- There will be other forms of journaling experiments, which at the moment I haven’t thought of as it is 650am in the morning, and my head’s still kind of in a blur.
See you in tomorrow’s live journaling session!
Are you a disorganized and haphazard busy homeschool mom?
Are you constantly stressed by your homeschool curriculum, schedule and budget?
Do you wish your homeschool were more fun and relaxed?
Sign up now for my exclusive premium Homeschool Happiness and Peak Productivity Club featuring thousands of printable pages and counting to help you lead your dream homeschool lifestyle.
Don't miss out on such a fantastic homeschool deal!