Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Picture Writing Prompts for Kids to Inspire Creativity and Fun
Do you want to help your child tap into their creative side? Do you want them to have a little fun, too? If so, picture writing prompts are the perfect way to do both! These prompts will inspire kids of all ages to come up with their own ideas and stories.
Picture writing prompts can be used for all sorts of things, including school projects, vacation journals, and just for fun. In this blog post, I will provide juicy picture writing prompts for kids to get them started!
Picture Writing Prompts Examples
Here are some picture writing prompt ideas to get your child’s creativity flowing:
- Use a picture of a person as the starting point for a story. What does this character look like? What is their name? Where do they live? What do they like to do?
- Write a story about an animal or mythical creature in the wild. What is this animal up to today?
- Look at a landscape picture and describe what it would feel like to stand there. Would it be hot or cold? Windy or still?
- Use a picture of a building or room as the setting for a story. What goes on inside this place?
- Write a poem about your favorite season using descriptive language.
- Look at a picture of someone’s face and describe what they might be thinking about.
- Choose a picture with strong colors and write a story that includes all of them.
- Pick a picture with lots of movement and write an action-packed story to go along.
Do you have any other picture writing prompt ideas? Share them in the comments below! Happy writing!