Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Sell One Thing A Day
I don’t like to push my products and I feel almost bad to sell my products because it means that I am robbing you of your hard-earned boss girl cash.
In fact, I am a terrible salesperson. I don’t want to sell. I want to do my creative stuff in my fun sunny studio undisturbed and just be my “weird” self.
Join My Planner Girl Community
But how does a kooky creative business support itself if one doesn’t sell?
What’s holding you back with regards to selling? If you are a proud creator, wouldn’t your product be something you should be showing off proudly with your head held high?
You Need To Be Savvy At Selling And Stop Hiding In Your Shell
A lot of boss girls are better at creating products than selling them. We hate to crawl out of our studios where we are having so much fun making creative stuff to pitch our products!
Quite frankly, we just hate the idea of selling and pushing products, it doesn’t suit us creative types.
That’s really just an excuse because there are so many things we could do online to sell our products without ever leaving our fun office studios.
Here’s a quick list of what I think the more successful boss girls are doing that we are lacking in:
1. Being content superstars and blogging and selling their products via blogging about them. Copy these boss girls and build a contents rich blog on your website covering the latest news and products of your small business.
2. Email marketing and selling their products via email marketing. Do the same and email your customers or generate more sales with press releases, viral video marketing, viral social campaigns, etc.
3. Outsourcing and leveraging the smarts and knowledge of other professionals who are better than them at the technicalities of running a business online. You can hire professionals to build you a WordPress website and improve the search engine optimization of your WordPress website for free organic traffic.
4. Giving extra value to their customers and potential customers in the form of goodies such as subscription discounts, membership coupons, and digital guides like ebooks, videos and tutorials to add value to their products and boost their chances of establishing themselves as leading authorities in their industries. Yeah, do the same and create information products like ebooks and courses that you could sell in addition to your products and increase readers and ultimately customers for your products.
5. Selling recurring subscriptions like membership sites where members get monthly discounts on their products and access to interesting content on topics related to their products. For example, if you are selling glow in the dark vacuum cleaners, don’t just give your customers boring instruction manuals, give them a cleaning hacks lifestyle portal they could access and relate to with relish. Hey, some of us really do love to clean!
The list goes on…
Choose your poison and then go slow. Sell just 1 thing a day for a start. Pitch just 1 product a day. Good luck to you!