Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Journaling for Therapy – Top 100 FAQ Answered
Journaling for therapy is a great way to know thyself. Know Thyself is an important phrase that we’ve been living by for thousands of years, and there’s no better way to get to know yourself and your thoughts than journaling. Journaling can be greatly useful – and hugely therapeutic – when you have things to work through, or you feel like life’s getting you down.
Here’s our top 100 FAQ on journaling for therapy, how it can help you, and why you should try journaling for therapy.
Journals We Stock For Your Journaling For Therapy Sessions
1. What journals do you have for my journaling for therapy sessions?
We stock a diverse selection of juicy journals. Big journals, small journals, themed journals, and simple journals: AshleyYeo.com has all of it in the same place. The best way to get the most mileage out of journaling is to subscribe to our super affordable $7/month journaling resources club “Joyful Journaling Therapy Club.”
With your subscription, you get access to all the digital journaling resources in our store for our members worth hundreds of dollars if you were to buy them all individually.
You also get access to exclusive journaling resources only created for our members and not available individually in our store.
Join our journaling community now for just $7/month. Check it out here.
2. I need a specific journal for therapy, can you help me to source it?
If you have a clear idea of what you want your perfect journal to be, but you don’t see it on our website, get in touch, and we’ll see what we can do to help you to find the right one for your needs.
In fact, we can customize your dream journal for you! Just ask, and you may get a surprise!
3. What sizes of journals do you stock for journaling therapy?
We stock journals in several different sizes ranging from bigger ones through to smaller, pocket-sized ones. If you aren’t sure whether we stock what you need, contact us, and we’ll be happy to look through our list.
4. How long do your journals last?
It depends on how well you take care of them. After all, journals are made of paper, and if your munchkins were to spill water or milk all over the journals, they might get tarnished earlier than expected.
Also, if you choose to buy digital printable journals from our store, how long these journals last also depends on the quality of the paper on which you print the journals.
5. How do I protect my journal?
If you want to keep your journal safe, make sure that you take care of it as best you can. This involves keeping your journal away from things like open flames (if you write by candlelight) and other environmental factors like moisture – like not putting your journal down on the same surface where a puddle of water just stood right before it. Also, keep your journal away from mold.
6. Do you sell journals with locks as I use journals for journaling therapy?
Not at the moment, but we plan to do so in the future.
7. Do your journals come with pens?
Not at the moment, but we plan to stock journals that come with pens in the future.
8. What payment options do you support?
Our payment processor is the leading payment option PayPal. If you have no Paypal account, you can check out through Paypal with your credit card. Contact us, and we’re happy to help if you have any issues paying via Paypal.
9. I’m having trouble finding the right journal for my journaling therapy sessions, can you help?
If you have any trouble tracking down the right journal for your needs, use the search function to browse through some of what we have or get in touch to find out what we can do to help.
10. What other related products do you stock?
AshleyYeo.com stocks a lot more than just journals. We also stock printables such as planner printables, notebook printables, coloring printables, and other pretty printable collections such as art posters for your home and party printables for your printable lifestyle. Browse through our selection to find the right ones for you – or contact us to find out what else we have if you have trouble finding it.
If you love our pretty printables, sign up for our Pretty Positivity Printables Princess Club now, and download all our printables to your heart’s content.
Ordering Journals from Us for your Journaling Therapy Sessions
11. What currencies do you support?
Our prices are in USD Dollars.
12. What payment options does your website support?
Our website supports the payment options Paypal. If you have any problem paying through Paypal, contact us, and we’re happy to help.
13. How can I find out where you’ll ship to?
We ship to most parts of the world. If you aren’t sure whether we ship to your location, contact us to ask before you order, and we’re happy to check.
We do not ship our printables. You can download the printables on your computer and print them off on your home printer or print them off at the printing shop.
14. How long will my order take to reach me?
Most of our physical journal orders take just a few days to reach their end destination if you are in the United States. Depending on where you are, it might take a little bit longer for you to get what you’ve ordered.
15. How much do you charge for shipping?
As we sell our physical journals on Amazon, it is dependant on their shipping rates.
16. I haven’t received my order yet. What’s up?
If you haven’t received your order yet and you ordered it a while ago, it might not have been shipped out yet – or it might already be in transit. Contact us to find out.
17. I think I received the wrong order. What now?
In the extremely rare event that you receive the wrong order, contact us, and we’ll track down the right one for you.
18. How do I find out where my order is?
Not sure where your order is? Once you’ve ordered, you’ll get a notification order from Amazon. For everything else, get in touch if your question isn’t answered in this FAQ.
19. Can I order your journals in bulk for my journaling for therapy sessions?
If you need more than one journal or you’re ordering for several different people, you can place an order in bulk by getting in touch.
20. I’m having an issue with payment. Help?!
Issues with payment are rare, but if it happens to you, we’re happy to help. Just contact us!
Journaling For Therapy
21. How can journaling for therapy help my healing?
Journaling is a way to see your thoughts at a glance, to backtrack, to put your most explosive and painful thoughts down on paper – or sometimes to jog your memory about important things.
There are many ways journaling can be useful to your therapy. Simply, it helps to write your thoughts down on paper, and it can be the first step on a journey to living better and healthier.
Having said that, we are not doctors, so we are merely speaking from our personal experience and what we have researched on and tested on ourselves.
22. Should I tell anyone about me journaling for therapy?
Sure, if you want to. But it’s also okay if you don’t. Journals are meant to be personal – and first, it should be important to you before it matters to anyone else.
23. Should my therapist read this?
If you feel that it helps your therapy or your doctor has recommended that you keep a journal for therapy, it’s fine to show some or all of your journaling to your therapist. It can help them to gain a bigger picture of your situation. The best person to ask about this is your therapist.
24. What is journaling for therapy recommended for?
Journaling for therapy is recommended for many different conditions, and sometimes just for getting to know yourself better. It can be an essential part of your healing – and might already be a recommended choice by your doctor or therapist by the time you read this.
25. How do I start journaling for therapy?
However you like it! Journaling for therapy is meant to be personal, and most journals never have to end up published – so don’t worry about what you write in it. Be honest and start by penning down your thoughts first.
26. What are some different types of journals I can use for journaling for therapy?
Some people keep a dream journal just for their dreams. Other people instead keep a journal for their daily thoughts – or things they would like to remember. You can keep a journal for anything you want, including your innermost thoughts and or fears, or just for writing down what happened to you today.
27. Why are several journals recommended for journal therapy?
Keeping more than one journal gives you a chance to record different types of thoughts – and to organize your thoughts easier while going back through old journals.
28. What pens are recommended for journaling for therapy?
Always use high-quality pens with top quality ink for journal writing to ensure that the ink won’t smudge.
29. What do I do with my old journals after I have finished writing in them for journaling for therapy?
Old journals, primarily when written for therapeutic reasons, are sometimes best kept and filed away safely. There are many reasons to backtrack and read through your old journals later.
30. Does journaling for therapy help?
We believe that it does based on our research and personal experience with daily journaling. There’s a reason why it’s recommended as a path to healing and recovery, and included in therapy for many people over the world. Writing a journal can help you to feel better – and when it feels like nobody is listening, and the world gets too much, you can always head over to your journal.
Writing in Journals For Therapy
31. How do I avoid ink smears when writing in my journal?
Some pens are prone to smearing ink. If you want to avoid this while you’re writing (particularly if you’re left-handed), use tissue paper to rest your hand on – and regularly blot the ink off your pen as you’re writing.
32. Do you sell journals with page numbers or lines?
Some of the journals on AshleyYeo.com contain page numbers and lines, while others might not. Contact us if you aren’t sure.
33. Does handwriting matter for my journal therapy?
No! As long as you can read it yourself and it’s not hurting your hands, your handwriting is completely fine.
34. Why is writing in a journal therapeutic?
Writing a journal is excellent for introspection, and can help you to see your thoughts at a glance – and work your way through your thoughts instead of being always overwhelmed by them.
35. What is writing therapeutic for?
Based on our research, writing can be therapeutic for many different reasons, including living with depression or working through PTSD. Of course, if you are living with these conditions, the best person to consult is your therapist.
36. I’m not a writer. Can I still use journaling for therapy?
We believe so. Journaling isn’t meant to be published in most cases. It’s for your benefit, and this means that all you have to do is write in a way that’s honest towards yourself.
Moreover, you don’t have to write in your journal if you hate writing. You can doodle your feelings in the journal. Or you could paste stickers expressing your thoughts on the journal. We sell journal stickers on our store for this purpose.
37. What if I’m worried that someone else reads my journal that I have used in my journaling for therapy sessions?
If you’re worried that someone else reads your journal, buy a journal that comes with a lock or keep your journal in a safe, locked place.
38. What if I want to use a special alphabet for journaling therapy?
Sure, there are many people who choose to write their journals in a special alphabet, and whether you’d like to do it is entirely up to you.
39. Are you a book publisher?
Yes, we are an independent publisher or creator of our books. This means that we create and publish our books under our brand Ashley Yeo.
We publish mainly juicy journals, notebooks, planners and pretty printable collections. Our fans are mostly journaling junkies, notebook nerds, planner addicts, and printable princesses.
40. I made a mistake!
If you’ve made a mistake in your journal, remember why you’re journaling, and don’t worry about it too much! Mistakes are what make us human.
More About How Journaling For Therapy Helps
41. Should I number my journal pages myself?
Some of our journal pages are already numbered, although some of our journal pages are not. It can be a good idea to number your journal pages to help you keep track.
42. Why should I go back through old journals that I have used for journaling therapy sessions?
We always go through our old journals, and we recommend you do that too. How can you know where your life is going if you can’t see where you come from?
43. What are dream journals recommended for?
Dream journals are for recording and remembering your dreams. This can be useful if you want to practice your memory. A dream journal can also help you to work through your dreams or to realize what they could mean to your life and thoughts.
44. Can a journal I use for therapy help me to keep track of things too?
Some journals are used to keep track of things instead of dreams. If that’s what you want to use your journal for, go for it.
45. Why is it recommended that I use several journals for my journaling for therapy sessions?
Using several journals will allow you to record several things, and it can give you a better scope.
46. Can you create journals with customized covers for my journal therapy sessions?
If you’re looking for a specific type of journal and you aren’t sure whether we stock it, get in touch, and we’ll see what we can do to help.
47. Do you sell journals in bulk?
Yes! If you want to buy several journals or journals in super-bulk, get in touch, and we can arrange the best deal.
48. Should I draw in my journal when I journal for therapy?
Some people draw in their journals, and some people don’t. Whether you do, it is entirely up to you!
We love to doodle in our journals when we are stuck for the right words.
49. Can you help if I can’t find the right journal to use for journaling therapy?
We carry a vast range of different journals. If you have any trouble finding the right journal for your needs, we can help.
50. I think I’d like to publish my journal writing. What can I do?
If you want to publish your journal writing, the first step is scanning or typing your work. From there, you can hire an editor or proofreader who can help you to turn it into a full-scale book.
Questions About Our Journaling For Therapy Journals
51. How many pages do your journals contain?
Some of our journals have more than 100 pages; others are bigger – or smaller. Browse through the selection on our website to find the right one for you.
52. Can I special order a journal with a specific amount of pages?
If you need anything specific that you can’t find on our website, get in touch and let’s see what we can do to help.
53. How can I find the right journal for my therapeutic journaling needs?
Our website is organized by theme, category, or topic – and for everything else, use the search function or contact us to find the matching journal for your needs.
54. I’m struggling to find the right journal that I can use for journaling therapy. Can you help?
If you can’t find the right journal from our website, get in touch, and we’ll help you find the right one to suit you.
55. Where do you source your journals?
We create and design our journals ourselves and also source them from other great designers of journals. For our physical journals, we print them through Amazon’s platform for indie publishers.
56. How do I know your journals will last?
Since our physical journals are made from paper and our digital journals are printed on your source of paper, we cannot guarantee that they will last in their existing conditions forever. However, there is a certain charm to old faded paper, isn’t there?
If you are worried that your writing in your journal will fade with time, why not take photographs of your favorite journal pages and upload them to a digital drive for safekeeping and as a backup?
57. Where do you source your paper?
Amazon helps to print our physical journals. We are an independent publisher registered with Amazon’s platform for independent publishers.
58. Why is the ink in my journal fading?
If the ink in your journal is fading, it could be the pen or ink you’re using. Switch to another pen!
59. Should I crack the spine of the journal first?
For comfortable writing, the answer is often yes. But yes, we understand the feeling of having to “destroy” a perfectly new journal.
60. Can you help if something went wrong with the order or ordering process?
Sure! Get in touch if you experience any issues with ordering or the payment process.
More Journaling For Therapy Tips
61. I don’t think I’m a good writer. Can I still use journaling for therapy?
Of course you can! Writing a journal isn’t all about being a good writer.
In fact, many accomplished journalers are art journalers who use mostly art and mixed media art to create the most beautiful journals. Junk journalers also create gorgeous journals, and these journals are mostly made of beautiful ephemera collected by their owners.
62. Why journal anything in the first place?
Journaling is useful, and we believe that journaling can help as a therapeutic aid. If you’ve never done it before, don’t be afraid to start!
63. How does journaling for therapy help anyone?
Journaling gets your innermost thoughts on paper and allows you to see your life and thoughts at a glance. It’s one of the most useful things you can do for bettering your mental health, in our opinion.
64. How does journaling specifically help my therapy?
Journaling is a great way to analyze your thoughts and to track your progress. These are just some of the ways in which journaling can be useful to you.
65. What am I supposed to write about in my journal?
Anything you like! Whatever you write in your journal is your own business, and that’s what’s great about it.
If you are stuck for ideas on what to write in your journals, use our journal prompts in our Joyful Journaling Therapy Club to stimulate the journaling goddess in you!
66. Should I tell my therapist that I’m journaling for therapy?
We believe that you can and that sometimes it can give them a bigger picture of how to treat your condition. But the best person to consult is your therapist, who should know best.
67. My hands hurt when I write things by hand. What can I do?
Perhaps you can change your pen or alter your handwriting? Don’t forget to take a break from writing!
68. Does journaling for therapy have to be “good writing”?
There’s no rule that says journal writing has to be good (or bad). Just honest.
Like we mentioned earlier, some of the best journalers are art journalers and junk journalers.
69. I need therapy because of my medical condition. Does journaling for therapy help?
Based on our research, journaling can help with a variety of different medical conditions, including chronic depression. Please speak to your therapist about journaling as your therapist is the best person to advise you.
70. Does journaling for therapy replace therapy or medication?
No, never. Instead, journaling is a complementary therapy. Please always seek your doctor’s advice on your medical condition. Ashley Yeo is not a doctor, and we cannot advise you on your mental conditions and how best to treat them.
How Journaling For Therapy Helps You
71. What if I’ve made a mistake in my journal?
If you’ve made a mistake in your journal, don’t sweat it. Cross it out and move on.
72. Can journaling for therapy help my memory to improve?
Yes, we think so! You can use a journal to keep track of things, too.
73. Does journal writing have to be “good”?
Again, there’s no need to write like Hemingway to write a journal.
74. What if I think my journal writing is good enough to publish?
If you think your journal writing is good enough to publish, contact a publisher, editor, or proofreader who can point you in the right direction.
75. Should I scan or type the journals that I use for therapy too?
Sure, there’s no right or wrong way to keep a journal, and many people do this – or turn their journals into blog posts later.
76. Should I tear pages out of my journal?
Yeah, why not! It’s YOUR journal!
77. Why has my journal started to develop a musty smell?
Sometimes this happens with moisture, mold, and water exposure. Find out what’s affecting your journals and move them to another room, if need be.
78. Help! Why are there bugs in my books?
If you find bugs in any of your journals, they’re likely book bugs. Yes, they can be exterminated, but you might have to remove a few books and treat them separately.
79. Should I write in the first or third person?
Either of these is perfectly fine!
80. What can I do if I’m not comfortable with my therapist?
If you aren’t comfortable with your doctor or therapist, perhaps you should find another?
Common Questions About Mental Health
81. What if I don’t want to see a therapist?
If you don’t want to see a therapist, realize that it can be an essential step towards feeling better – and if you aren’t comfortable with your therapist, we suggest you find another one.
82. What if I think I’m coping fine on my own?
Depression and other conditions can’t be treated alone, even if you feel okay sometimes. Consult an expert even if you think you’re coping just fine right now.
83. What if I can cope fine without my medication?
This is almost never true. Seek professional advice instead of leaving your medication or making your own adjustments, even when you think you’re fine.
84. What if depression never goes away?
Please seek medical help to treat your condition with the right therapies and medication.
85. What if I’m crazy?
It’s a common worry for people who make an appointment with a therapist to think that they are crazy. No, going through something or having a mental condition doesn’t necessarily mean you’re crazy at all. Please seek medical help urgently to treat yourself with the right therapies and medication.
86. What if I’m dangerous to other people?
Please seek medical help urgently.
87. What if I lose touch with reality?
Speak urgently to your doctor if you feel like this might happen to you.
88. I’ve never been officially diagnosed, how can I know if I’m depressed?
If you show signs of depression, but you haven’t been officially diagnosed, see a professional urgently for a diagnosis.
89. Is there a difference between clinical depression and bipolar disorder?
If you aren’t sure which you might need to treat, see a professional for the best advice.
90. Is mental health only an emotional thing?
Based on what we have read, mental health is both physical and emotional. This is why they are often treated by several doctors and professionals at once. Again, please seek medical help urgently if you feel unwell.
Why Order from Us
91. How many journals do you stock?
Our range is huge! Browse through the website to see what we have or contact us if you need a little more help.
92. I’m looking for a particular journal theme. Do you stock it?
If you can’t find what you need, get in touch with us, and we’ll let you know.
93. I need journals for specific corporate themes. Can you help?
Sometimes, yes. Contact the team at AshleyYeo.com, and we’ll talk.
94. Can I get in touch with other special requests?
Sure! We’ll see what we can do.
95. Can I order your journals in bulk?
Yup. As already mentioned, contact us if you’re a distributor or frequent writer in need of more than just a few journals.
96. What are printable journal pages, and how can they help?
Journal printables are gorgeously designed digital journals, which you can purchase from our store for your journaling sessions. Once you purchase our journal printables, you will be able to immediately download them in pdf format, which you can print off on your home printer or bring to a print shop to print out. To save costs, we suggest you print them off yourself on your home printer.
97. What other products do you sell?
98. What are you doing for the environment?
Often, we print our printables off on recycled paper or make journals out of recycled stuff.
99. Where do you source your paper?
When we find scrap pieces of paper lying around the house, we stash them in our recycled paper bundles. Then we print our printables off on them or use them for our art and junk journaling sessions. We also gather recycled stuff and discards from around our house to insert into our journals.
100. Can I have a journal sent directly to someone else?
Sure. Speak to us about an alternative shipping address if you’d like to send a journal as a gift instead.
We love journaling for joy, you should try it too!
We conjure seriously juicy journals, notebooks, planners, printables, and paper stuff out of love, peaches, and cream to help you become a more powerful journaler for self-growth. We believe that journaling can help you feel more POSITIVE and HAPPY via paper therapy. We also believe that journaling can help you harness your GIRL POWER and discover POSITIVITY through discovering your PASSION. Journaling can help you stay focused on your PASSION and streamline your life flow and workflow for greater PRODUCTIVITY.
Check out our store on Amazon selling physical journals, planners, and notebooks!
Are you a disorganized and haphazard busy homeschool mom?
Are you constantly stressed by your homeschool curriculum, schedule and budget?
Do you wish your homeschool were more fun and relaxed?
Sign up now for my exclusive premium Homeschool Happiness and Peak Productivity Club featuring thousands of printable pages and counting to help you lead your dream homeschool lifestyle.
Don't miss out on such a fantastic homeschool deal!